We're thrilled to welcome David Sedaris back to Ann Arbor and Literati Bookstore on June 9th as he exclusively tours independent bookstores nationwide in support of the paperback edition of his latest essay collection, Happy-Go-Lucky!
Seating for this event is incredibly limited, as the reading will take place in our bookstore. For a chance to attend the reading, purchase a Priority Signing Line Access & Book Bundle ticket while they are available! Purchasing this ticket will enter you into a raffle to attend the in-store reading. The ticket includes a paperback copy of Happy-Go-Lucky to be picked up at the store on June 9th and reserves access to a priority signing line group following the reading.
There are only 300 Priority Signing Line Access & Book Bundle tickets, but an unlimited number of free signing line tickets (no book included) will become available after Priority Signing Line Access & Book Bundle ticket sales end.
David Sedaris's backlist will be available to purchase while you wait in line.
Limit two Priority Signing Line Access tickets per customer. No Refunds.
How it works:
- Tickets are available for a signing line at Literati Bookstore that will begin around 7:30pm; Priority Signing Line Access tickets include a paperback copy of Happy-Go-Lucky.
- The Priority Signing Line Access tickets are arranged into groups, each containing 50 guests. Group 1 is the first group that will be able to join the signing line at Literati Bookstore (which will extend from inside the store to outside, along our mural wall on 4th street, weather permitting). Group 2 is the second group, etc. This will be like airplane boarding; you'll enter the line first come, first served within your respective group is notified to come to the store. This way, instead of waiting in a large line, you can enjoy all downtown Ann Arbor has to offer, and we can keep our signing line manageable and limited to the store's available indoor and outdoor space. You'll pick up your book as the line moves into the store and have it signed by David Sedaris.
- From all Priority Signing Line Access tickets sold, we will randomly select guests to be invited to attend an in-store reading at 6:30pm. This will take you out of whatever group you initially purchased your ticket in, and you'll attend the reading and be the first guests in the signing line.
- The Priority Signing Line Access tickets are limited to 2 per purchaser. If your name is drawn in the raffle and you are a party of 2, both guests will be invited to attend. We will draw this way (in groups of 1 or 2) until all seats are filled, and send out invites around one month out from the event.
- If you're not selected in the raffle, you will remain in your signing line group, and we will call these groups by group number to come to the store and join the line via our social media (twitter, instagram, and via email) on the night of June 9th, beginning with Group 1, starting at the conclusion of the reading in the store.
- Following all Priority Signing Line Access groups, the signing line will be free and open to anyone who would like to join and meet David Sedaris, who will sign and talk to guests as long as people are still in the line (past events with David at our store have gone into the early morning hours!). Free signing line tickets will become available when sales of Priority Signing Line Access tickets end.
- Photos and videos will not be allowed in the store during the reading or signing.