Dear Published Author,
Congratulations on your book, and thank you for your interest in having it carried by Literati! We are proud to support local authors and authors all over the world. The books in our store are carefully chosen by our buyers, with input from our staff, advice from our publisher reps, and feedback from our customers. If you believe your book would be a good fit for our store, we’d love to hear from you. Some guidelines to keep in mind:
- The book must be available through an established publisher from whom we regularly order, or our distributor, Ingram. We will consider books from academic publishers.
- If we do carry your book, we will order it from the publisher or distributor. We do not purchase books directly from authors, and we do not accept books on consignment.
- The discount to us must be at least 40%, and the book must be returnable to the publisher or distributor.
- As a general rule, we do not accept self-published titles. Only in very rare instances do we make an exception to this. We do not carry CreateSpace, Little A, or other Amazon-published titles.
- Please do not mail or drop off copies of your book or promotional materials; they are likely to get misplaced.
- We cannot respond to every individual inventory submission. We are sorry. We will let you know if we do decide to carry your book.
To submit your book for consideration, please fill out this form (also attached below), and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are not able to accommodate walk-ins or telephone inquiries.
If you also would like us to consider your book for an event or author reading, please visit this page.
Again, congratulations! We appreciate the hard work involved in writing a book and getting it accepted for publication. Good luck, and thank you for contacting Literati!